Merge Customer Records within Spiffy to eliminate duplicates and unify their portal, payment methods, and contact details.
This feature is currently available for Business and Scale accounts only
How to Merge Customer Records
1. Navigate to the Customer Record that you want to merge
2. Click “Merge Customer” in the list of selections on the right
3. On the next screen, search for the other Customer Record that you want to merge with the first record
4. You’ll see a side-by-side view of both records and can select which first name and last name to keep on the merged record
Data can be independently selected for first name, last name, and custom fields that you want to keep on the merged record. All other data, including email, will be merged based on the primary record.
For the purposes of the merge, the primary record is on the left. To change which record is the primary, click on “Switch primary customer” below the email field of the primary record. You will see the two records switch places.
5. After making your selections, scroll to the bottom and click “Review your merge”
6. In the popup window, you’ll see a preview of the merged customer record
7. Confirm all info is correct and verify that the records being merged are the same person
8. Click “Merge Customer” and you’ll be taken to the merged Customer Record
IMPORTANT: Merges cannot be undone.
Customer data will not be merged in integrated systems downstream, like your CRM or marketing automation software. Additionally, only the primary record will be maintained in downstream systems after the merge, based on the Customer Record ID in Spiffy.
Keep in mind that other systems handle merges differently, so make sure to take any actions that may be necessary downstream.